Friday, May 22, 2009

Joey's Millionaire Show Airs

I was up until 2:30  this morning working on these videos so that my mother in Israel could have them and "shep nachas" as soon as she woke up and before anybody could spill the beans.
You all are merely a beneficiary of my kibbud aim ;)

I'm not going to bore you with all the glitches and problems we had producing these, but suffice it to say that at 2am, we had to download a free converter that we needed (because the experts were already sleeping) that put a small watermark on the first minute of the first video.  It shows up again for a short time at 4 minutes and then disappears.  I will try to upload a better version as soon as one is available.  The other two clips are pristine.

Enjoy the show.......










I also must tell you that I could NEVER have done this without the help of CGMW and Eric.  Their dedication to this project goes beyond words.

For those of you who want to share the show but not the blog (you know who you are ;) ), feel free to use this link to the playlist.

Good Shabbos to all.
I hope I don't fall asleep at the table.......

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that must have been an incredible experience! Thank you so much for sharing it!

Joey came across as a true mentsch.

Having fun and making $25,000 in the process?? That's amazing!

Clearly he comes from good stock - now I really want to come for Shabbos!

G6 said...

tnspr569 -

I have forwarded you kind words to Joey.

Now regarding Shabbos meals -
So come already!!

(Feel free to use the email me link on the right hand side of the page)

Ezzie said...

:) Awesome! Congratulations!

A huge kiddush Hashem.

We're around the corner from QC, tell him to feel free to stop by anytime!

Ezzie said...

Also, gotta love Cramer's advice. ;)

Ezzie said...

LOL - just finished the video. He should blog more! :P

tembow said...

WOW! congrats to you and to Joey!

Anonymous said...

Sent you an email - would have done so sooner, but I didn't notice the email link until you pointed it out.

It must have been hard not to disclose the results until after the show aired!

Staying up Friday night is always a challenge - good luck this time!

Unknown said...

congrats, you did a great job, were very entertaining, and a great kiddush hashem by your cheerfulness and easygoing manner

Baked Lecho Dodi said...

It was great - much Nachas ! Contract and compare to Madoff.

SuperRaizy said...

What a terrific boy you've raised!
Congratulations on Joey's success.

Mikeinmidwood said...

25,000 bucks, not bad money. And for the record, I guessed and got the last answer.

הצעיר שלמה בן רפאל לבית שריקי ס"ט said...

Wow. Too bad I didn't get a chance to tune in to that live..or even sit in..

..that kid knows his stuff man. ..but that was sort of a silly question to fumble on.. ..though for "Millionare" standards 25,000 isn't so bad. Congradulations.

ProfK said...

Congrats to Joey, and I hope you're shepping nachas--he comes across as a great kid.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

I was looking at Gruntig's feed and I saw it said a frum boy was on who wants to be a millionaire, and I automatically thought of you. I'm glad it worked out and that he was able to go on the show at the end.

wow, he was totally amazing!
congrats to him winning 25,000!

and you were great too, total kiddush hashem!

Klein Family said...

Joey did a great job, congrats! Lots of nachas!

A mom in Ohio :)

Rafi G. said...

you are Joey's mom? he did great! you should have a lot of nachas.

Where did he buy those shoes?

David_on_the_Lake said...

That was a joy to watch..

and I'm just a spectator

Leah Lipszyc said...

I saw this via KCC -- Congratulations! Nice Kiddush Hashem. We enjoyed watching. I guess at least the money will start Joey off in law school. Pity he didn't get captcha (I knew it) I guess he doesn't waste a lot of time on the net ;-)

Jeremy G. said...

I was really impressed with Joey and that I actually felt he was treated nicely (without any anti-Jewish bias, or his being Jewish even coming up)
and I had been worried he might get harder questions or have some bias against him, which I realized was not the case at all.
I was really rooting for him, he did a great job! Anybody who is associated with him, let alone his mother of course, has what to be proud of!

Yoili said...

We are so proud of you Joey. I wish you won the $1 million

Your best friend,

Yoili