Friday, November 9, 2012

Food Photo Friday - Sushi Gefilte Fish

Sushi is just one of those things.....

But whether you love it or you hate it, you must admit that there have been some beautiful presentations done with sushi.  I've been at functions where the artistic presentations have mimicked stained glass windows, flowers and more.

Enter the lowly gefilte fish... a Shabbos staple in many households.
I'm always on the lookout for creative plate-scapes.
Often I make tricolor gefilte fish.
Sometimes I simply decorate the plate around the fish as I did here.

So when I saw a recipe for sushi gefilte fish from the newly published Chic Made Simple cookbook, I knew I had to try it! (I have not been compensated for this quasi-review, but if Feldheim wants to send me a free cookbook for this heartfelt recommendation, I certainly won't send it back ;) )

What a fun way to serve gefilte fish this is! Aside from the nori, the ingredients are all traditional - fish, carrots, red peppers.... 
Let's hope it tastes as good as it looks! (Actually, I know it does already, because I trimmed the ends off the rolls to make them sharp and even and I couldn't resist tasting the "shnips")



3 comments:

Maya Resnikoff said...

That's a beautiful presentation. Let us know how your guests take to it!

Mark said...

Beautiful!!!

I'm generally not a fan of gefilte fish (I prefer spicy Moroccan fish with peppers), but that looks like something I would heartily eat :-)

Shabbat Shalom to all.

itsagift said...

I'm not a fish fan (to put it mildly :) ) so I wouldn't taste this (I do eat some sushi rolls...) but I love the presentation!