Thursday, September 19, 2019

Simply Gourmet - NOT an oxymoron!

I must apologize to you all. I’ve been remiss and I have been holding onto and enjoying a fantastic new cookbook, but life gets in the way, and I haven’t had a chance to review it yet.
It's is not too late though, while doing your Yom Tov shopping, to pick up a really fantastic addition to your cookbook shelf.
“Simply Gourmet“ by Rivky Kleinman, could very easily become a staple in your kitchen.
My all-time favorite recipe in this cookbook, which I have been making constantly, is the Broccoli Romaine Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette. Cranberry vinaigrette? Genius! I know, right?
This is a very comprehensive cookbook. The results are interesting, elegant, yet totally doable.
With dishes such as Maple Barbecue Salmon, Creamy Pesto Chicken and Lotus Ribbon Bundt cake, it was truly something for everyone.
I found that she will often include a surprise ingredient in a dish that you may have made similarly before, and all of a sudden something tried-and-true is next level.
I haven’t had a chance to experiment with nearly as many recipes in the cookbook as I want to, so please let me know which ones you’ve had success with that should go on my must try list!
And remember the cookbooks make fantastic hostess gifts this season!

No comments: