- In these somber financial times, we might do well to question whether or not any "elaborate" shalach monos packaging is going to have an effect on the amount of matonos l'evyonim that we are able to give.
- Drinking in excess is stupid and unnecessary. PERIOD.
- Giving drinks to minors is ILLEGAL. PERIOD!!!! (yes, even one little drink... because all the houses before you had the same thought and these boys can get seriously poisoned)
- NOWHERE is smoking even remotely related to Purim!
- Parents who throw up their hands and say, "what can I do?" or "boys will be boys" are showing a SUPREME lack of responsibility. If your child has a propensity for this behavior (did he act out and/or vomit in a public place last year?) it is incumbent upon you to keep him at your side all day long.... even if it cramps your style. Do not make the community responsible for your child.
Wishing you and your family a SAFE and joyous Purim ☺