Friday, April 23, 2010

Food Photo Friday

Today's Food Photo Friday comes to us courtesy of Hadassah. Here's what she says:


Heart Shaped Pull Apart Challah

Use your regular challah recipe. Or use
mine here – but this makes a ton of dough so you might want to make a smaller recipe.

When it is done its second rising, whip out your heart shaped cake pan, take six equal sized pieces of the dough, roll into balls, and place in greased pan leaving a little room between the balls so they can rise. Let rise for up to 45 minutes, then paint with egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds or poppy seeds (all optional), then bake at 350 for 45 minutes.


Hadassah's heart shaped challah

Now I know the rest of you are eating as well! So get out your cameras and send me some photos.

3 comments:

Yehudah said...

Remind me about this for the first week after I get married. :)

cuzzin buzzin said...

yehuda, unless YOU plan to bake the challa and give it to your wife, admire it from afar and don't expect this the first week- or the shape may look like a pitchfork

Yehudah said...

I actually was referring to myself baking it. I'm somewhat (but not too much) of a romantic.