Wednesday, December 24, 2008

All Clued In

I have a (sheepish) confession to make.
In juxtapostion to my recent post, I have to admit that I think I like the new Clue is better than the old one.
We finally played the game we had been bashing for two nights and I will tell you that it plays very much like the old game, but there are added "intrigue" cards that allow for unusual twists and turns and gameplay by giving individual players one time "powers" to be used at any time at their discretion.
Joey and I are highly competitive, as opposed to Avram, who needs to be woken each time his turn comes around ;)
We enjoyed foiling each other at every turn and gleaning information off one another's efforts.
Joey won (by a hair {and with the help of an intrigue card power I might add....}) and a great time was had by all.
So although I sure wish they still had the Billiard Room, I really like the added interest of the new game.  DEFINITELY *not* dumbed down! If anything, it's more complicated.
Two thumbs up!
Now can somebody please get Joey to stop saying "J'accuse" every time he takes a guess......?

1 comment:

tembow said...

well i've gotta say- you're honest!