I received a lot of positive feedback on my last chick pea recipe, so I thought that I might continue the theme. Chick peas are very nutritious and I find that children enjoy them despite this fact. They are high in protein, dietary fiber, vitamin B6 and folate. They are very low in saturated fat and cholesterol. Did I mention that they are also delicious and very snack-able?
This recipe is very flexible and contains a lot of yummy ingredients. Feel free to substitute and change quantities to suit your tastes. This recipe can handle that.
SUMMER HEARTS OF PALM AND CHICK PEA SALAD
- 1 1/4 cups canned chick-peas
- 1 cup coarsely chopped tomatoes
- 3/4 cup hearts of palm
- 3/4 cup pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Toss together all salad ingredients.
- Whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Toss vegetables with dressing until thoroughly combined.