I work with a gentleman named George. George is Russian. George is often giving me recipe ideas, most probably because we all know that I have absolutely no interest in or affinity for cooking (snort). Most of George's recipes involve vodka or large quantities of beef. Some of George's recipes involve vodka AND beef. I seldom
even listen to make George's recipes.... until this week.
George told me about a fascinating recipe entitled Russian Vinaigrette. It appealed to me because it is yet another one of those salads that, if served on Friday night, will still remain palatable as leftovers on Shabbos day.
- 1-2 large bunch beets, cooked and cubed small
- 4-7 red potatoes, cooked and cubed small
- 3/4 - 1 bag baby carrots, cooked and cubed small
- several scallions, chopped
- 1 bag sauerkraut, drained
- 4-6 pickles, chopped
- splash of olive oil
- salt - only if needed... test first (mine needed)
hmm..... I wonder how it would go with a shot of vodka......