Friday, August 20, 2010

Scene Around Town - Rural Washington Heights

It's been a while since I've posted a Scene Around Town piece, but this was just too good to pass up.

I've long contended that Washington Heights is not nearly as urban as the naysayers would have you believe. I just looooove when people from Borough Park (home of not one decent park) say that Washington Heights in not pretty. I live on a lovely tree lined street and Ft. Tryon Park is just a few minutes walk from my door.

But I must admit that I've never seen CORN growing on my neighborhood sidewalks .... that is until now.....

I'll see if my local readers can find this spot themselves. The first person to correctly identify it wins a dinner invite to my house. Hint: It's a mere 0.2 miles from my front door.




Update:

After showing Avram these photos, he told me about squash and pumpkins growing on the street near his office (also in Washington Heights). Go forth and locate!
All the best,
Farmer G6



P.S. Check back later... I'm still trying to get a Food Photo Friday up today!

7 comments:

itsagift said...

That is too cool!

I'd love to grow some corn in my backyard!!

G6 said...

Congrats to blog reader Dovid B, who correctly identified (and photographed) the location of the pumpkins (he's still on the hunt for the corn....).
He was kind enough to email instead of posting his find, so as not to ruin the fun for everybody else.
Happy hunting y'all......

yekke wannabe said...

I found the pumpkin and emailed the picture to G6 if you want a clue look at the whole picture and you will see a major breakthrough as to which landmark it is near.

Yekkishe Bekishe said...

Hey, aren't corn & squash food???

You know who I am said...

I still can't find it and i really want to go to g6 for shabbos so could someone help me out

G6 said...

You know who I am -
If I did, you'd already have been invited ;)

S N said...

Hey no one told me I can't be included in this game???!!! I (actally more like we!!) - Gladly went on the hunt and found the corn!!!