Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Texting Codes Change As You Age

With the advent of social media and the rapid pace of the cyberworld in general, we've all had to learn "texting codes" - abbreviations to make online communications easier and/or to convey emotion that might otherwise be lost on screen.
LOL, BTW... all part of our new lexicon.

But did you know that as you age, the same texting codes mean different things?
My day job is as the Director of a Senior Center and one of my members was kind enough to clue me in to the meaning of those same little letters for the 60+ set. I thought you might enjoy them as well.

Middle Age Texting Codes:

ATD: At The Doctor's

BFF: Best Friend Fell

BTW: Bring The Wheelchair

BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth

CBM: Covered By Medicare

CUATSC: See You At The Senior Center

DWI: Driving While Incontinent

FWB: Friend With Beta Blockers

FWIW: Forgot Where I Was

FYI: Found Your Insulin

GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!

GHA: Got Heartburn Again

HGBM: Had Good Bowel Movement

IMHO: Is My Hearing-Aid On?

LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out

LOL: Living On Lipitor

OMMR: On My Massage Recliner

OMSG: Oh My! Sorry, Gas.

ROFL... CGU: Rolling On The Floor Laughing... And Can't Get Up

SGGP: Sorry, Gotta Go Poop

TTYL: Talk To You Louder--

WAITT: Who Am I Talking To?

WTP: Where's The Prunes?

WWNO: Walker Wheels Need Oil

GGLKI (Gotta Go, Laxative Kicking In)



9 comments:

little sheep said...

Way too funny!!!

itsagift said...

This list is hilarious!!
I gotta say, LMDO is my favorite one!!

Hadassah said...

Love it! - thanks for the laugh!

tired of lack of propriety said...

thankfully the older people I know, even if suffering from various digestive and bathroom ailments, don't talk about it that much. clearly this list was generated by someone way younger than 60. sorry, G6, I find this in poor taste

G6 said...

Tired -
While I will not argue whether or not it is in good taste, I beg to differ with you regarding what seniors like to talk about.
I'm not sure how many seniors you are exposed to on a daily basis, but I will tell you that I interact personally with approximately 100 seniors daily and not a day goes by where they don't want to show me their catheter bag, their pacemaker scar in a compromising place, tell me about their dropped uterus or their recent colonoscopy and the subsequent aftereffects.
Sorry to burst your bubble.
I find this funny.

Mystery Woman said...

Lol! I've seen texting codes for seniors before, but I haven't seen these. These are funny!

tired of lack of propreity said...

oh, it's funny! but ug. but your right I don't know much about seniors your the expert there.

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious!

perlsand said...

This is great. I've been working with seniors for most of my 30+ years as a social worker so I know them well. Now I just have to translate the codes into Hebrew!