Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Come Again?

I think that I've already mentioned that I work at a location that serves lunch to senior citizens each day.
Consequently, there is always food around, which can be very bad for the diet.
As I passed the steam table today during the lunch service, I asked our kitchen aide if he could please give me a cup of broccoli. I declined his offer for a piece of lasagne in an effort to eat more sensibly.
In his trademark thick Russian accent, my co-worker announced to me, "You know, you can watch what you eat and still not lose weight because as they get older, women put on weight....".
Ummmmm.......
Did he just call me fat or did he just call me old???



4 comments:

SuperRaizy said...

Both.
But it's not personal. Russians have no internal filter between their brains and their mouths. I can't count how many times I've been told by Russian people that I should lose weight and get married now "before it's too late for you".

Anonymous said...

Also a winner: "I can see clearly that you don't know what you are doing, but you are very brave to try." Also: "I can tell you are American by the way you play Bach. It has no philosophy - your playing is too rough and optimistic. By the way, I don't think most people like Bach in any case."

Anonymous said...

By the way, since you are neither fat nor old, I think you should ignore him.

G6 said...

SuperRaizy - Interesting observation.

Louisa - This is what makes you such an *awesome* friend!!!