Monday, February 22, 2010

Not Me Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.



It sure has been a while since I've participated in the Not Me Monday blog carnival, but this past week was too good not to share.

I do not have this little idiosyncrasy which causes me to not repeat (mostly side) dishes (and desserts) week after week. I do not feel this overwhelming need to "rotate" my menu so that the natives don't get bored (like they even remember what was served yesterday....{eye roll}).

This was going to be Erica and Moshe's third (and last for a while) Shabbos with us in a row. Since they've been staying with us for quite some time, I was running out of unique food choices that would please everyone's (not) picky palates.

I did not misplace the recipe for an unusual Red Cabbage Salad with garlic, peanut butter, pine nuts (never again! see this post), sesame seeds and chow mein noodles that I know Moshe enjoys (not the same salad mentioned in the post I just referenced).

I did not spend the better part of Thursday night and Friday morning composing emails to all my various email "lists", asking if anybody had such a recipe. I did not waste a lot of time on Google searches and recipe website searches. I did not finally give up at the 11th hour and sort of "wing it" with the recipe (which came out pretty good considering....). I most definitely DID NOT log into my email Saturday night to discover that a woman on my Jewish Food List had indeed come through for me (if not a day too late...) with the correct recipe posted on THIS LINK.

Now look carefully folks! The author of that post on the group blog known as Kosher Cuisine was definitely NOT none other than yours truly (Oh no! Not me!!!), whose memory seems not to span recipes she posted a mere year ago.....


3 comments:

Yehudah said...

cute story

BLD said...

Nice. Now can you promise us some pictures of the einaklach...Dressed up for Purim!

G6 said...

BLD -
I try not to make promises that I cannot keep ;)