Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Gs Get Crafty - Purim Style


It all started with a little idea I had for the Senior Center where I work.
I thought it would be fun to throw a Shushan Purim Masquerade.
But what if some of the seniors didn't know how or where to procure a costume?
That was easily fixed.
This week, we held a pre-masquerade Mask Making Project.
It looked like such fun but unfortunately, I was stuck in the office doing actual WORK, so I missed out on all the crafty goodness.
I did have the chutzpah foresight to ask the instructor if she would leave us some leftover materials so that I could make some more after she left. She was happy to oblige so as not to shlep all the stuff back with her.
So tonight was Family Craft Night at chez G6.
I think our mask creations, which I hope to display this weekend and then use at the center on Monday, came out pretty well, don't you? Of course Joey marches to his own drummer. I bet you can't guess which mask he made.....

1 comment:

little sheep said...

LOL. Joey's always seem to look like there was some other project going on at the same time at the other end of the room, and he felt bad for the person running it, so he just had to go to it...