Monday, February 5, 2007

How I Spent Superbowl Sunday

The bar was set pretty high after last year's wonderful Superbowl Pool Playing Party at Amsterdam Billiards. Not that I'm into football, mind you... I couldn't give half a hoot about the game, but you know me... any excuse for a party....
After much back and forth, we decided that our superbowl festivities would NOT include watching the game :) . No great loss, if you ask me. So after a morning spent at an Achdus Group Brunch, followed by some *quality* gym time and a visit with our family in from Chicago, we went out with Eric and Arona and saw Dreamgirls, followed by dinner at Noah's Ark. It'd been a long time since we'd eaten there and I was hit by a wave of nostalgia, remembering Joseph running amok up and down the back ramp, and even earlier memories of snowsuit clad Michael stuffed in a stroller and smiling. I must say that it is a very enjoyable feeling eating a hearty good meal that I did not have to prepare or serve. Oh! Did I mention that the starry sky was awesome last night?! I picked out the big dipper, orion and gave a silent smile to my Dad.
We arrived home later and met up with Michael and Aviv, who were returning from THEIR superbowl festivities, which most DEFINITELY included football and we helped them whittle down the remainder of their evening's alcohol. Note to whoever cares: Arctic Berry Smirnoff is *not* a favorite... stick to the Raspberry.

No comments: