Wednesday, August 8, 2007

...Tick Tick Tick......

...wow! Less than a week until the 'big day'. Erica moved her stuff out this past Sunday, including all the gifts that arrived since we shipped the first batch to my mother's, so the house no longer looks like the "beyond" in Bed Bath and Beyond. As I've mentioned in a previous post without giving proper credit, my cousin Annette described her home just prior to her granddaughter's wedding as looking like backstage at a Broadway show. I know what she meant! Wigs.... petticoats.....gowns..... scripts (ok, ok...so they are seating plans and schedules....work with me....).
People stop me in the street and ask me how I'm feeling. They want to know if I'm nervous, excited, worried.... truthfully? All I am is EXHAUSTED. I really need to get some rest so that I don't sleep through my own daughter's wedding day. Perhaps if response cards would stop coming in mere DAYS before the event (I guess the world isn't made up of only yekkes, but why can't it be? {grin}) so that all the seated guests need to be juggled and re-juggled, I might be able to...
Oh, and mystery solved! The response card we received, entirely in Hebrew stating nothing else but wishing the young couple to be zoche to build a bayis neeman b'yisrael and looking forward to "Biyas Goel Tzedek, Bimhayrah Biyamenu Amen!" was just another Lubavitch way of saying YES. Who knew? :)

No comments: