Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Heavens Cried Today....

Torrents and buckets of heavenly tears rained down today, mingling with the tears of friends and neighbors as the soul of our dear Chazzan Robert (Bob) R. Frankel, returned to its Maker.
Chazzan Frankel was beloved by many - young AND old. He died just short of his 90th birthday and left behind a legacy of davening before the omud in our shul for OVER SIXTY YEARS, most recently on this past Shabbos Shuva.
My men came home from shul devastated and still crying. Jen came to me, tears welling up in her eyes, and asked me, "Is Daddy going to be OK?". I explained to her that Hashem gave us the capacity to FEEL and tears for a reason and only if her Daddy weren't crying, should she be worried if he was OK...


Boruch Dayan HaEmes....

2 comments:

Mikeinmidwood said...

90 is a ripe old age. Just recently my great grandfather died he was 98.

Batya said...

Strange. I don't know you or where you are, but my uncle also died just before Succot and almost 90. He wasn't your conventional tzaddik, but I never heard a bad word about him.

My neighbor then died a few hours later. Olam Haba is filling with the righteous.