Tuesday, October 18, 2011

GWC2D Succah Hop - Succos In The City Part II




The Bryant Park succah has always been a favorite of mine. The park itself offers free ping pong (free ice skating each year in the winter, but not over Succos) a well stocked outdoor "reading room" for little ones (tiny tables and chairs provided), a sweet carousel for children and a lovely fountain - all in a few square blocks. (Special events take place throughout the year - definitely worth checking out)

The succah is beautiful, well appointed and spacious.
Not to mention the fact that the Bryant Park bathroom is without a doubt the nicest public bathroom around (full time attendant, piped in music, fresh flowers, automatic seat covers....).


5 comments:

Handmade in Israel said...

Wow! What a beautiful Succah!

Anonymous said...

Looks like the Daily News borrowed a page from your blog

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/new-york/sukkah-city-inside-structures-where-jewish-families-celebrate-154128512.html?bouchon=501,ny

G6 said...

I saw it and was going to post it.
Thanks for saving me the effort ;)

itsagift said...

More than the succah, I LOVE those flowers! The colors on each step are really nice.

I've been to there a few times in the winter and I've gone ice skating but for some reason I don't remember the fresh flowers in the bathroom...I'll have to check them out next time I'm there :)

Anonymous said...

Time to move on