Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Dealing with Grief

Sometimes we lose things we love. Sometimes they are people, relationships, treasured keepsakes.
And the grieving, though it may vary in intensity, has much the same process whether it is for the death of a person, the death of a relationship or the death of a memory.
I am working on coming up with ways to deal with grief.
An interesting tactic du jour is to say to oneself, "It won't hurt so bad for as long as it felt so good". And then remembering moments it felt good.
I'm interested in other people's ideas for ways to deal with loss.

3 comments:

rickismom said...

I think that most of dealling with grief is TIME. You just have to know that you won't be in the quicksand forever.

G6 said...

I think you are right...
Thanks for that. I needed it.

Anonymous said...

one great gift g-d gave to us is to beable to forget.