Friday, March 12, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Potatoes

(Cross posted on Kosher Cuisine)

Oh boy! Are you all in for a treat!!
I made the most fantastic Broccoli Cheese Potatoes this week and I'm going to share the recipe with you.

6 large potatoes
1 cup sour cream (I used "light" sour cream)
16 ounces frozen broccoli, defrosted and pulsed in a food processor
6 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste

Pierce the potatoes and bake them at 400 degrees until they are soft (about 45-50 minutes). Gently remove a bit off the top of each potato and scoop the contents into a bowl, leaving only the shell. Mash the contents with the sour cream. Add the broccoli and two thirds of the cheese. Add salt and pepper. Taste for seasonings and adjust as needed.
Stuff this mixture back into the shells and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.






Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes more.


These were soooo good. You've got to try them.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks amazingly delicious! Too bad I hate using my food processor.

G6 said...

Frayda -
Don't let that stop you!
The broccoli doesn't need to be that fine. Just mash it up a bit (or not).

Something Different said...

They look yum.

Glad you enjoyed. :-P

efrex said...

*sigh* First you go and add healthful greens to a perfectly innocent salami, now you have to adulterate stuffed potatoes with broccoli? What's next, throwing chopped vegetables into kishke? :)

It does look yummy, though, even with that green stuff there... actually, some of the versions that I've made have had green in 'em, in the form of chives, scallions, oregano, or zchug (no, not all at once: I like to challenge my taste buds, not destroy 'em), so maybe I'm just a tad biased against broccoli...

G6 said...

efrex -

You make me laugh!

Chaviva Gordon-Bennett said...

Whoa ... those look ... amazing.