Friday, February 15, 2008

Whether we need it or not....

We are the kind of people, social as we are, who never seem to go away for Shabbos or Yom Tov. We love our home. We love our shul. We love our Kehillah. We also love Oma G., and because of the nature of her illness, if we were to go away, her simchas Shabbos V'Yom Tov would be compromised. So we stay.
And this is probably why, when we once in a blue moon DO go somewhere for Shabbos, we appreciate it so much. I never realized how much of my weekdays, from Monday on, are dedicated to the shopping, preparation and cooking for Shabbos. This whole week has been so relaxing for me. We are going to a family Bar Mitzvah in Bridgeport, CT. I look forward to spending Shabbos with family and friends and coming home to a clean kitchen on Motzoei Shabbos...... oh, yeah, right..... I forgot...... the kids are staying behind at home..... strike that part about the clean kitchen :)

No comments: