Friday, July 16, 2010

Food Photo Friday - Presentation Matters


I think that by and large people "eat with their eyes" to some extent. "Packaging" and "presentation" can spruce up a ho-hum dish and make people feel like they're feasting.

I usually try to make tricolor gefilte fish when we are having company over, but last week was just too hot (and I concentrated all my energies on the Blueberry Raspberry Tart and Chick Peas). So when the time came to plate the gefilte fish, I decided to go with a little bit of whimsy. I can't honestly tell you that every member of my household appreciated it, but hey, it keeps me entertained and out of trouble.... :D


Oh, and speaking of chick peas.... Since I got a lot of positive feedback from last week's recipe, I'm making a new salad this week. If it turns out well, keep your eyes peeled on future FPFs.

3 comments:

Mrs. S. said...

Cute idea! Did you use celery, carrots, and tomato?

Shavua tov!

BLD said...

Maybe no tricolor due to Shabbos Chazon. Still looks great!

G6 said...

Mrs. S. -
It was actually scallion, carrots and tomato, but anything would work.