Friday, September 2, 2011

Food Photo Friday - Mini Gourmet Apples

Remember my penchant for minis?
These may the best ones yet.
Miniature gourmet apples.
How did I do it?
I simply used a melon baller on a granny smith apple, skewered the balls, dipped in melted chocolate and toppings.
The results are quite convincing... and no core :)





Wouldn't these be pretty at a kiddush?
Along with my Croatian Star Challahs, they would also tie in nicely with Rosh Hashanah.
Butterscotch or peanut butter chips for dipping.... the possibilities are ENDLESS.
Let me know if you try them and how they worked for you.

13 comments:

Hungry in Yonkers said...

Any chance of leftovers? You really should make two batches of your featured foods; one for your shabbos guests, and the other for all of your readers who want to drop in for a sample.

G6 said...

Not a chance this week.
We have so many "last minute" guests that I (a) ran out of the good glasses and (b) am seriously considering ADDING an item or two to the menu.....

YW said...

H.I.Y.

Why don't you go to G6 for shabbos?

Juggling Frogs said...

Those are adorable! How many do you get from a single apple?

G6 said...

Easily 8-10.
Frugal me got more ;) ....

itsagift said...

I love minis and these are just plain adorable!

BLD said...

some of the sticks are a shtickle shmutzky. I am shocked.

rickismom said...

These would be lovely as a Rosh HaShana desert. But if I made them it SURE would (will?) make keeping that diet harder..... But maybe I will, anyway, for c'vod yom tov.....

Orthonomics said...

I am very impressed. Any recommendations on a good melon baller?

Anonymous said...

did the apples turn brown quickly?

G6 said...

Actually, they didn't.
And the chocolate acted as some sort of sealant....

singing in the rain said...

Hi, I am new to the blog I really enjoy all the creative food items you make.

G6 said...

Welcome, singing in the rain!
And thank you ;)