Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Purim Wrapup - The Early Edition

Another marker of my getting older is that I don't bounce back from all these festivities as quickly as I used to.
There is so muchI want to post and write about, but I'm not yet up to full speed.
So in the interim, as per reader request, I am posting two short clips of KAJ's choir.
I apologize for the quality of the first few moments on the first clip (it quickly improves, though).  I was going to post only the second clip which is steady throughout, but I was voted down...







Regarding our personal purim.... it was FABULOUS.  Avram went a wee bit overboard on the decorations - - - it looked like Mardi Gras threw up all over our dining room. Everybody really got into the spirit of things.  There was the perfect balance of Torah, Purim Torah, and of course GRAMMEN.
Now on that front, Joey warned me that in an effort to foil my attempts to post his grammen on my blog, he was going to weave in lines that HE KNEW were unpostable.  I said there was no such thing..... Well, for once, Joey was right.  I can't believe he found anything that I would NOT be willing to post, but he did!  So today's agenda involves learning the rudiments of windows movie maker as fast as possible so that I can upload and share albeit edited clips of his work.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never heard that song is it new ? It sounds unusual ?

Anonymous said...

I feel flattered that you took up my suggestion. Thank you. I wish it sounded better, though. (No fault of yours!)

G6 said...

The Choirman responds:

"The choir sang a composition by Louis Lewandowski consisting of the three pesukim in the megillah that the congregation says out loud:
a)Ish Yehudi
b)U'Mordecha Yotzo
c)Ki Mordechai HaYehudi

It has never been sung by KAJ Choir before.

To Anonymous 2:20 -
I think it sounded pretty good!"

Anonymous said...

The choir sang something new? Very nifty! (Not being sarcastic in the least; seeing traditions continue without ossifying is extremely gratifying).

I must say, though: the description "it looked like Mardi Gras threw up all over our dining room" does not immediately conjure up a "fabulous" adjective in my mind... maybe it's just me...

Anonymous said...

You can hear it at http://judaisme.sdv.fr/traditio/pourim/index.htm

The Yekkishe Bekkishe

Anonymous said...

I would like to comment on the lines about Avram going overboard and the throwing up. Now put it together something like this "Avram went overboard this year... and threw up" Now, THAT would be something, and really in the Purim spirit like the rest of the world.

And then I could admonish you for not keeping an eye on him, and letting him go to shul etc.

Clearly, I am still in Purim mode.

Anonymous said...

Yekkishe Bekkishe:

Thank you very much!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for these clips, other choir clips, and the fine postings of the blog in general.

I have noticed that the numbers of those who viewed the clips in the last week or so since I featured them have really shot up. After I featured them, someone who sends out many e-mails and an Israeli blogger did so as well, so I think that my posting brought them a nice amount of attention, even if it was indirectly.

Anyway, the point is that this shows that there is an audience for such high quality music, and should encourage all those involved to go on and higher and higher, biezras Hashem.

I did note that recently the choir director was to speak at a chazonim conference. I would be interested to hear or read what he had to say, or at least get an idea or synopsis, if appropriate.

Thanks again.