Sunday, March 1, 2009

To Be Filed In The "Some People Have All The Luck" Category...

I cannot imagine who would rely on my blog as their official news source, but in case you have been so busy cleaning for Pesach that you haven't heard, and true to the adage that March goes "in like a lion and out like a lamb", please be advised that New York City is expecting the biggest snowstorm of the season tonight and into tomorrow morning.  Snow accumulations could reach up to 12 inches.

Now we all know that I'm over the hill and I left my joie de vivre back in yonder valley, but I would hasten to say that most people who live in the city,  10 year olds with upcoming math tests excluded, do NOT appreciate this lovely gift from mother nature which quickly turns into graying slush puddles and yellow drifts (if you get my drift....).  {Yes, yes... I know I just posted about the Alps and all but that was on vacation and did you see even one yellow patch??!?!  I rest my case.}

Snow in the city tends to be nothing more than an unsightly inconvenience and makes people rather grumbly.  I plan on taking my camera outside tomorrow morning and trying to capture at least a tiny bit of beauty before the huddled masses spew forth and trample upon it.

Now back to the title of this post.... where is my Joey might you ask? Well he was slated to fly into New York tomorrow morning, but the poor fellow's flight has already been cancelled and he's being held over for a full 24 hours. Where, might you ask? SAN DIEGO.... home of sunshine, beaches and 85 degree weather. Grumble, grumble, grumble....some people have all the luck.....

{Calgon... take me away.......}

1 comment:

citizen of brooklyn north said...

thought he's in yeshiva in florida.
but what's one sunny state from another??